Bookmark This Page

HomeHome SitemapSitemap Contact usContacts

Dairy Products Transport Rules Washington State

Shelter, food, and education are some of the expenses that are intended to be paid when a non-custodial parent is on Washington state child support. Child support in the state of Washington is determine by a set of guidelines and laws to come up with the correct amount the non-custodial parent must pay. When at anytime that the non-custodial parent refuses to pay or falls behind on payments, the Washington state child support system will enforce several methods to make the parents pay.

When enforcing Washington state child support, the non-custodial parent can have their tax-refund deducted. This deduction will continue every year until the non-custodial parent pays all the back child support that is owed. The non-custodial parent can also have their income withheld if they owe any past due child support payments. How this works is the Washington state child support system will get in contact with the non-custodial parents employer and have the child support payment deducted from their wages. Passports can also be revoked or denied if the non-custodial parent owes any past due child support.

The Washington state child support system also has a program to adjust any child support payments according to the parents lifestyle. These adjustments are known as modifications. Modifications can go up, or they can go down, depending on either of the parents current lifestyle. For example, if the non-custodial parent receives a pay raise and is making more money than before, the custodial parent can request for modifications to raise the current child support payments. On the other hand, if the non-custodial parent receive a cut in pay, he/she can also request for modifications to reduce child support payments. In some states child support laws are modified are done every three years.

Click for more info on Washington State Child Support


Visit the Child Support Laws Home Page